If you receive the following error message in the left menu of Squirrelmail after you login:
"ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: CREATE "sent-mail"
Reason Given: Invalid mailbox name."
This usually means that your configuration file(s) have been damaged and need to be recreated. You can fix this by doing the following steps:
1) Connect to the server using your favorite FTP program (or the "File Manager" in cPanel)
2) Rename the ".sqmaildata" folder to: .sqmaildataold
3) Using your browser, logout of Squirrelmail (and close all browser windows that are open)
4) Copy any preference files, address books, and signature files (.pref, .abook, and .sig files) in ".sqmaildataold" to ".sqmaildata" (overwrite any existing files if prompted)
5) Re-login to Squirrelmail and it should be working properly again.
If you still have trouble after completing the steps listed above, please submit a ticket to our help desk mentioning this issue and with the following:
1) Your domain name
2) The email address(es) that are having this trouble
3) The mailbox password for each mailbox in 2) so we can go into Squirrelmail and confirm we have fixed it once we complete your help desk ticket.
and we will gladly help fix this for you.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
How do I setup my mail to use SSL?
Set your mail server to the server's host name for SMTP/POP3/IMAP (instead of...
SMTP outgoing mail server?
What are my outgoing (smtp) mail server settings? Can I use them while travelling? For outgoing...
Error 800ccc0b, unable to send email
This error is usually not a server problem, and is caused by one of the following errors. 1....
Can webmail be accessed without logging into the cpanel?
Yes you can access webmail without logging into cPanel first by going to:...
Why am I not receiving email?
If you are not receiving emails, does the sender receive a 'bounce' message? If there is a bounce...